Presented at many conferences around the world, including
- Intergraph Danish User Conference, Vejle, Denmark, March
2007: gave keynote address on Intergraph product and
- GITA 2007 Conference, San Antonio: The Disruption of
Geospatial technology (part of a seminar on "Mapping
Applications on the Web: Evolution or Revolution?"); What's
New and Cool, and Where are we Going? (paper presentation);
Extending the Reach of Geospatial Technology (panel
- GSDI (Global Spatial Data Infrastructure) conference 9,
Santiago, Chile, 2006: invited keynote speaker on the role
of geospatial technology and standards in reducing poverty
and enabling sustainable development
- GITA Pacific Northwest annual conference, 2006, Salishan,
Oregon: invited keynote presentation on technology trends in
the geospatial industry
- GeoAlberta 2006 Conference, Edmonton: invited keynote
speaker on geospatial technology trends
- Intergraph 2006 keynote presentation: spoke on industry
trends and Intergraph technology directions in the opening
session in front of 2000+ people, immediately before a
presentation by General Colin Powell
- Homeland Defense Journal workshop, May 2006, "Achieving
Actionable Situation Awareness; Geo-Spatial Solutions — The
Next Generation": Technology to Support a Common Operating
- GITA breakfast seminars in Melbourne, Perth and Sydney,
2006: technology trends in the geospatial industry
- GITA New Zealand 2006 Conference, Wellington: invited
keynote speaker on geospatial technology trends
- GITA Australia & New Zealand Conference, 2004,
Melbourne: Spatial Visionaries Session
- GITA 2004 Conference, Seattle: Technology Trends in the
- GIS in the Rockies, 2003: invited keynote
speaker on Geospatial Integration
- Cook-Hurlbert New Technology Summit, September 2003:
invited opening speaker
- GITA 2003: moderated a panel on "What's next: the
- GEOBrasil Conference 2002: Geospatial Technology Trends
- GITA 2002 Conference, Tampa: Version Management
- GITA 2001 Conference, San Diego: Principles of
- GIS Asia Pacific Conference, 2000: Panel on industry
directions, attended by the Princess of Thailand and
several senior government ministers.
101: Fundamentals of GIT - inaugural GITA webcast,
- GITA 2000 Conference, Denver: Technologies for Uniting
the Enterprise; Principles of object-orientation
(seminar). Also presented this paper at GITA Hungary 2000
in Budapest and GITA Australia / New Zealand 2000 in
- Distributech 2000, Miami: The trend towards integration
of GIS and operational systems.
- CIER conference, Punta Del Este, Uruguay, 1999:
Breakthrough Improvements in Distribution Operations -
leveraging the GIS investment
- Driven by Data conference, Los Angeles, 1999: Closing
- GITA California/Nevada, Oakland, 1999: The future of GIS
- GITA Rocky Mountains, Denver, 1998: Keynote address.
- AM/FM (GITA) 98 Conference, San Jose: Beyond GIS: A new
level of integration. Also presented this paper at AM/FM
Australia New Zealand 98, Melbourne.
- AM/FM Australia/New Zealand 1997, Sydney, Australia: The
impact of new technologies on AM/FM/GIS and AM/FM data
modeling for utilities.
- AM/FM 97 Conference, Nashville: Is mainstream database
technology ready for GIS?; Object-Oriented Technologies
and AM/FM/GIS (seminar)
- AM/FM 96 Conference, Seattle: The impact of new
technologies on AM/FM/GIS; Databases in GIS (panel); GIS
and distributed processing (panel); Object-oriented
- DA/DSM 96 Conference, Tampa: Information models for
- AGI 95 Conference, Birmingham, England: The Future of
- AM/FM 95 Conference, Baltimore: AM/FM data modeling for
- GIS 95 Conference, Vancouver: Experiences with
object-orientation in GIS.
- EGIS 94 Conference, Paris, France (with Gillian
Kendrick): Use of an Integrated CASE Tool for GIS.
- AM/FM 94 Conference, Denver, and AGI 93 conference,
Birmingham, England (with Dick Newell): GIS databases are
- GIS 93 conference, Birmingham, England:
Object-orientation: some objectivity please!
- British Computer Society seminar, Warwick, England,
1993: Issues in corporate integration of GIS. " AGI
92 conference, Birmingham, England: An introduction to GIS
- AM/FM European Conference, 1991, Montreux, Switzerland:
GIS databases: a distributed future.
- International GIS Sourcebook, 1991: Why use a standard
RDBMS for GIS? (Referenced in the Oracle Multi-Dimension
announcement literature in 1995).
- IBM GFIS User Group, Mesa, Arizona, 1991: How to do
geoManager retrievals in 5 seconds!
- British Computer Society seminar, London, England, 1990,
also published in Mapping Awareness magazine and Computers
and GeoSciences: Exploiting relational database technology
- 1993: AGI award for writing one of the top papers at the
- 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004: GITA (formerly
AM/FM) speaker award for presenting one of the top 5% of
papers at the annual conference, based on attendee
feedback (Nobody else has won this award six times).
- 2000, 2004: GITA Australia / New Zealand speaker award, for
being the best speaker at the Australian GITA conference.
Written many articles on topics in the field of
geospatial and location technologies.
Click for a detailed list.